Different sightseeing operators have their top-open double decker buses circling the city on a specific route, the whole day. There are designated stops, where ticket-holders can hop off and hop on from same or different bus stops.
Several tourists prefer to sit on the hop-on hop-off bus right from where they started till the end. The duration can be of 2 to 3 hours depending on traffic but if you wish to hop off at some interesting location to explore then your day will certainly lengthen. You can choose a 1-day itinerary all across the city as you desire.
The Berlin tour ticket can be bought for 1 or 2 days. It will be valid during operating hours of bus tour chosen. Different routes are offered and it is your choice to buy ticket for a single, two or all route ticket. Before you buy randomly click here for Berlin bus tours comparison to get the best deal.
City Sightseeing tour
- Classic tour
The route A includes 13 stops and is two hours long. It covers iconic attractions like Checkpoint Charlie, Brandenburg Gate, Berliner Dom and several neighborhood places. It starts at 9:10 am and after every 10 minutes frequency it runs until 4:30 pm.
- Wall & lifestyle tour
The route B includes 11 stops and is two hours long. It covers Berlin Wall Memorial, East side gallery, and trendy Prenzlauer Berg neighborhood. Departure time is 10am and operates every 30 minutes until 4pm.
- 1 day – €22 adults + €20 students/seniors/military + €11 kids
- 2 day – €26 for everyone from 6 years and more
TempleHofer bus tours
All-white double decker open roof buses circling Berlin have human guides offering entertainment commentary to tourists. Along with other attractions with Templehofer tourist get to see AquaDom and Sea Life. Madame Tussauds, Legoland Discovery Centre and Berlin Dungeon.
The tour stops from every stop at 9:30am and end time depends on the season. The frequency of operation is every 20 to 30 minutes.
- €19 adults
- €15 – kids 1-6 years
- €17 – students/seniors/military [ID is necessary]
City Circle Sightseeing
Different companies operate yellow double decker buses including BVB, BBS, BEX, Grayline, and Berolina. These buses have no human guide but audio commentary in multiple languages. The bus makes 18 stops and covers average tourist sites.
- 1 day – €20 adult + €10kids + €48 family
- 2 day – €24 adult + €14 kids + €56 family
Discounts & combo deals
You can save on bus tours with buying combo packages or tourist pass.
- Berlin Pass – It includes a single hop-on hop-off Berlin tour on Templehofer buses. Besides free public transport, you get free access to popular attractions, dozens of museums, and other tours.
- Berlin Welcome Card – This card can be used to enjoy free 1-day double decker top-open bus tour on City Circle Sightseeing. You pay flat price and gain access to different services like free entrée at popular boat tours, public transport, and museums.
- Easy City Pass – It is a travel card to be used on bus, tram, trains, and subway. At popular attractions, restaurants, bars, and tours you can receive 50% discount.
- Berlin City Pass – It is a travel card and you get discounts on 1-day hop-on hop-off Berlin bus tours and free access Reichstag Palace and skip-the-line access to TV Tower as well as airport transfer.
Bus & boat tour are common combo packages. In this deal you can cruise down Spree River and ride on hop-on hop-off top open bus.
Templehofer Bus & Boat combo
1-day hop-on hop-off excursion + 1 boat tour
- €45 adults
- €85 students and seniors
- €15 children
City Circle Bus & Boat combo
1 or 2 day top-open double decker bus excursion + 1 boat cruise
- €99 adults
- €49 kids
Hop-on Hop-off Berlin bus tours can save time between sightseeing, which is a huge advantage as you can travel to many locations in one day.